Thursday, February 19, 2009

Annecy by day and night.


After spending nearly 3 months in the Southern Alps of France, in between jobs, festive season frivolities and snowboarding, I have found little inspiration for photography. 
Snowboarding with a camera put me on edge, so I gave that up quickly, but until now, or perhaps yesterday, I had little to do with photography. 

Yesterday, being a wednesday, was our day off. We had planned a trip to Annecy, a near by town on one of the cleanest lakes in Europe. I had been snowboarding that morning as we had some fresh powder, not much, but enough to make it worth while. I nearly stayed out on the mountain, but being my indecisive self I took off on Gemma and Merlin and just made the van out of here. 

The light, the town, the lake,  the carousel all made it worth while. I went with the intention of taking some photographs that I would fall in love with. I have succeeded. The light of winter time in Europe is crystal clear, golden. Just before sundown you get some amazing glows, some very dramatic lighting situations and stunning scenes. This is some of what came out of my trip to Annecy. Finally I felt like I was in france.










No comments: