Sunday, June 28, 2009

3 men drinking Coffee


Why is it that the Italian men are always the ones sitting in the coffee shops chugging back their 10th espresso, downing their 3rd Spritz?


I'm not sure I can actually answer my own question. But I wonder where their wives are? 

It is the seniors of the tuscan villages dressed in their beige dress trousers and best shirt, despite the fact that it is 40+ degrees out here. THey have been living here for an age , that this day feels cold, like a chill is blowing through. But why is one so prepared for what may be a business meeting or greeting too the pope, when in actual fact all they do is sit on the sidewalk talking Italian jargon to one another. 


If I were to pass in 2, 3 or even 4 hours I could almost guarantee that the same men, generally in groups of four would be sitting at the same coffee house with a glass half full of what ever they so desire. 

Congratulations to them for knowing how to make the most of ones day.

No comments: