Sunday, November 23, 2008

From chaos to calmness


It was one big culture shock as I travelled through a small part of the UK on my journey to Croatia. 
Starting out in Ipswich and lunch with Paul, I travelled into London and had 12 hours to kill before my flight left to Croatia. A flight at 6am from Gatwick airport was going to see me spending the better part of a night there. 
Whilst security kicked up a fuss more then once, I quietly observed the happenings of a 'closed' airport after dark. I wouldn't recommend it, but it was cheaper then a hostel and cab. 

Sitting awake for over 24 hours my flight was called and I managed to make a 'bed' out of three seats and sleep all the way to croatia.

Once arrived, I could not have been in a more opposing world. The warm calmness that Split had to offer was very inviting. This was only the start. 

1 comment:

Jaerixon said...

you should read my blog