Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kiteboarding with God

'(noun): a water sport in which a surfboarder uses the lift and pull of a large kite to move and perform maneuvers.'

The Kiteboarder. 


St.kilda beach is packed with them, summer or wi
nter. I hear LA has quite the water. Anyone like mexico or Barbados? Cause you can certainly board there.
In fact, I'm pretty sure that where ever you go you will be able to find some water to bust a board on. Unless the country is landlocked, then you may encounter a few problems.


Kiteboarding is definitely a sport I would be able to
 get involved in. Then again, the amount of sports I get involved in is going to eventually mean that I am going to have a different sport for every day of the week, month or year. 

Today, sunday, I took the camera across the road. If I had a longer lens I wouldn't have had to do even that. 
The sun was starting to set and what some people call 'The God Effect' was occurring. Perfect opportunity to unleash the new camera. I now wish I had that longer lens. Better shots, more conspicuous, action. But the wind was withdrawing, it often does at sunset, so the boarders were retreating. The fact that the sun was setting had nothing to do with retreating boarders...
There were some beautiful colours and some beautiful bodies. That is why you do a sport like kiteboarding. A gazillion times more fun then any 'gym' workout. 

As I sit at my desk, a good half hour later, the sun is still in the process of waking somebody else up. Although you see more cloud then you do sky, the sky above is and has not been as clear then right now. If I look hard enough, I can see the coastline of portarlington and Indented head, beyond that I think I see Tasmania and then Antartica. Found my longer lens.

Enjoy the beauty of the sea, the sky, the wind, the kite. 




No comments: